A to Z Driving School has been authorized by the Department of Public Safety as a third-party skills testing (TPST) driving school. We can administer the official DPS ROAD TEST – DRIVING TEST to anyone who has met the state requirements and is ready to get their Texas driver’s license! You may take the driving test with us even if you failed with DPS.
- A valid Texas Learner’s License (Permit)
- A valid DE-964 certificate (or parent-taught equivalent) showing completion of a FULL Driver Education Course (32 classroom hours – 14 laboratory hours - 30 practice hours)
- VOE (Verification of Enrollment) or High School Diploma
- Certificate of completion from the Impact Texas Young Drivers (ITTD) video, dated within 90 days of the road test
- Social Security Card
- $16 License processing fee (paid at DPS office)
- 2 bills showing proof of residence
***If you are 18 years old, but completed the teenager program, you need to follow the above requirements.
- A valid Texas Learner License/B-restricted Driver’s License
- Certificate of completion from the Impact Texas Young Drivers (ITYD) video, dated within 90 days of the road test
Road Test in Your Vehicle Requirements
* Please call ahead for availability of the rental car*